Encore Post - Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence
Okay, I’ll post this as a “second wind” effort to keep this video moving with a few crucial personal caveats:
- Please address the question, “How can we possibly pursue Artificial Intelligence, when we don’t even know what Actual Intelligence is?”
- It seems to me that Jeff Hawkins simply must be recruited for the board of this important organization; if for no other reason than to help us not stay drunk on our own Kool Aid. C’mon, if you can bear McKibben, Hawkins is a pussycat.
- One key goal of SIAI ought be EI. It’s fine to keep the legacy term for the purposes of continuity, but the OBJECTIVE of AI simply must include EI - Emulated Intelligence.
- Following #2, Hawkins book, On Intelligence, should probably become part of the mandatory curriculum for everyone associated with SIAI. Not because we must agree with Hawkins, but because his Memory-Prediction Model is uniquely essential to maintaining a productive balanced approach to this crucial endeavor.
- Now, please watch the video if you haven’t already done so, and please do all you can to support this crucial work. [youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A9pGhwQbS0]
Written on June 3, 2007